This website is about finding a refuge place for people that suffer from the ever increasing eletromagnetic radiation (who suffer from EHS).
So far the myth of safe wireless technology has been kept alive successfully by the the industry that is interlinked with scientists, politics, and media (more details are available on the linked resources). Since it doesn’t seem like the situation for electro-hypersensitive people (EHS) will significantly improve over the next few years I am personally also looking for a place with low radiation that could serve as a refuge also for others.
The idea is to buy a property that is large and located remotely enough so that there will be no cell tower also in the future. It would be a place for EHS, MCS sufferers (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity), but also for everyone else that wants to retreat to a quite place in nature and take a break from everyday life. It would be good if self-sufficient living with permaculture concepts like food forests is possible to be more independent.
Ideas for offerings of the retreat
In the list below are some of my personal ideas for such a place. When I looked for retreats on the internet, most of them are about Yoga. In South America there are a lot of ayahuasca retreats. I couldn’t find something I would be interested in regarding a retreat. None of them are not explicitly using wireless devices, so most of them are not ideal for people with EHS. I attended a retreat in a christian monastery a few years back which was closer to the direction I would like to go. Unfortunately there were devices like cordless phones, WiFi and cell phones at the retreat.
- A place of quietness and relaxation in nature
- Meditation and contemplation in the christian tradition — for example Lectio Divina which means meditating on scripture.
- A kind of mental “detox”: Meditation on truths about oneself and the world to work on wrong/negative beliefs about oneself or others.
- Places for rent if there are enough apartments. Tiny houses could also be a solution, if there isn’t a main building with enough rooms.
- A site for trailers / RVs
- A place to support and help one another, but community is not forced
- Some sort of “digital detox” for the ones still addicted to cell phones (similar to http://digitaldetox.org/)
Criteria for the location
- Secluded location surrounded by nature. Not near other buildings or near streets because of Wi-Fi / DECT / cell phone usage.
- Large property, so that there are no cell towers nearby (For example a farm/homestead surrounded by forest/fields). Low mountain ranges can also function as a natural “shielding” so that the property doesn’t have to be as large as if it were more or less plain.
- Telephone access (and with that internet access normally is also available). This would be preferable to satellite internet.
- Maybe a camping site is also a possibility, if the bordering space is not used for houses (because of Wi-Fi, DECT etc) and there won’t be a cell phone mast build there. An example would be a forest that is next to the site.
- Growing own food should be possible.
- All around the world. For me personally: At the moment preferably somewhere in Germany, but I’m open to move to another country.
If you are interested, or if you know about existing projects or plans, or you have a similar vision please contact me!